Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Charity Rocks

I started knitting recently.  I cannot tell you how much I enjoy it!  I decided to use my newly developed skills into good use.  Every year, I raise money for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  I participate in their Light the Night Walk.  Last year, my team raised over $2,000.  This year I personally want to raise $500.


I started making my daughter headbands to match her dresses. I would take my knitting stuff and knit while she was in dance class.  The other mothers were curious as to what I was doing and when I showed them, they literally started throwing money at me so I can make some for their daughters.  Before I knew it, I had requests for more headbands.  I felt kind of guilty taking people's money but they insisted.  So I did the next best thing, I decided to donate it to my favorite charity.


Check out my facebook page I made for all of my knitted creations!  It's called Knits for Charity by Raquel.  Follow the link below and don't forget to "like" my page!


http://www.facebook.com/pages/Knits-for-Charity-by-Raquel/106761856013854

No comments:

Post a Comment